About JIT- Spoken Tutorial-QIC:
Spoken Tutorials is an initiative of National mission of education through ICT, MHRD and IIT Bombay to promote IT literacy. It is about teaching and learning a particular FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) like Linux, Scilab, LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. via an easy Video tool - Spoken Tutorials. It is a self learning provided by IIT Bombay to train the students.
Reaching Open Source Softwares to all graduates of JIT
Quality Improvement cell at JIT in Association with Spoken tutorials team strives to train the students in open source software thereby enable the students to be placement ready.
- Organizing self learning workshops for the students of all branches.
- Enable students to earn certificate from IIT Bombay after completion of the course and test.
- Enable the students to be conversant in open source software tools and build confidence in the students for placements.
"Energy saved is twice as Energy Produced”
The Energy Conservation Club “ENERGIA” is an Energy & Resource Conservation Club that focuses on bringing about a first-hand realization of the energy crisis and scarcity of natural resources in the country.With the increasing demand for energy, effective management and conservation of the same has become the need of the hour. Recognizing the immense value that engineers can bring to the initiative and taking due consideration of this urgent need, Department of EEE of JIT has started "ENERGIA", to propagate efficient usage of energy and to educate the society.
Saving energy today for a brighter tomorrow
Energia of JIT tends to contribute towards nation building by creating responsible citizens who will focus not only on conserving energy and natural resources but also imbibe civic and moral values
- To drive home the message of energy conservation and environment protection in the minds of students, by planning and organizing regular activities.
- Talks, Seminars, Workshops, Exhibitions and other awareness programmes would be undertaken to spread the message of energy conservation and environment protection.
- To create a strong network of environment conscious people who would pass on the tradition to generation next.
- To prepare strategies and encourage actions for promoting energy conservation
- To generate consciousness among the masses about the importance, benefits and methods of energy conservation and environment protection.
- To establish synergistic institutional linkages with organization to promote energy conservation and environment protection activities.
- To make children and youth who constitutes more than 40% of the population and in who lies the future of this country, aware of the correct energy situation and the corrective steps that are to be taken.
- To provide training and technical advisory services to help people achieve energy conservation and environment protection.
JIT-SWAYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter
"Ideas come from individual's knowledge, and organizations take shape from teams-who share ideas."
About JIT- SWAYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter:
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), proposed by IITs and funded by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India was developed with the vision to contribute excellence in Scientific and technical education.
The NPTEL has initiated certification online courses in the form of MOOCs for the students of the Engineering colleges and has formulated local chapters in the Engineering colleges. Jansons Institute of Technology joined this forum and the local chapter strived to take the vision of NPTEL to the students.
Engage, Learn, Educate and practice professionalism
NPTEL Local chapter at Jansons Institute will create interest in acquiring strong concepts of basic and modern technical subjects through a massive collection of video lectures and materials and ensure the graduates and post graduates to apply the concepts in their career.
- To ensure maximum utilization of available NPTEL materials online by offering all the courses by the students
- To avail scholarship for taking up certification courses to the students
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.