The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established during the academic year 2010-11. The Department offers the following UG and PG programmes.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Electrical and Electronics Engineering is an exciting and dynamic field that deals with the study of application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. The field covers a wide range of sub-studies that include electrical energy systems, electromagnetic systems, electronics, control systems, computer technology, signal processing, telecommunications, networking, power systems, power electronics and drives.
The Department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware and Software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. and it is up-to-date and includes courses on embryonic topics to equip our students with the latest developments. The Department provides an outstanding education and research environment complemented by excellence in teaching.
To produce technically enhanced Electrical and Electronics Engineering professionals.
▪ Provide technical education with practical exposure to meet industrial standards.
▪ Train the technocrats with self-discipline to meet ethical and moral standards.
Programme Specific Outcomes
▪ To understand and analyze the principles and working of electrical components, circuits and systems, that are forming a part of power generation, transmission, distribution, energy saving.
▪ To apply mathematical methodologies to solve computation task, model real world problem using appropriate engineering tools.
▪ To adapt and use new technology in various domains and to provide solutions to Electrical Engineering problems.