Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) indicates the specific legal rights of the inventors to hold and exercise Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Industrial Designs, etc.
IPR cell was constituted at Jansons Institute of Technology in the year 2018 with the objective to create an ambience to nurture new ideas through which innovations and research emerge. It is focused to encourage and preserve the innovative ideas of the faculty and students and stimulate collective growth towards research and development.
The function of the IPR cell includes,
- To encourage and protect new inventions, designs, software, brand name and other innovative ideas etc. generated through the college.
- To arrange seminars and workshops to educate the faculty and students about IPR.
- To entrust the original ideas of inventions and research by Plagiarism check.
- Patent discussion forum28 7.2.2020
- Seminar on Intellectual Property Strategy and Patent Drafting, Date : 16.12.2019
- Awareness seminar on "Intellectual Property Rights" with NPTEL videos, Date : 28.11.2019
- Seminar on Requirements for patenting skills, Date : 6.9.2019
- Seminar on “Awareness on IPR and Design Patents” for ECE students, Date : 7.3.2019
- Seminar on "Intellectual Property rights and students Innovations" for EEE students, Date : 6.3.2019
- Seminar on “Awareness on IPR, Copyright and Plagiarism” for CSE students, Date : 5.3.2019
- Seminar on "Research aspects and Paper publication", Date : 12.2.2019
- Workshop on "Drafting of Patents for Beginners", Date : 29.1.2019
- Seminar on " IPR and its opportunities for Engineers", Date : 12.10.2018