Institution’s Innovation Council
Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) of Jansons Institute of Technology has been established to steadily foster the culture of Innovation among the students across various departments. Ministry of Education (MOE), Govt. of India has established the Institutions Innovation Council’ among Higher Education Institutions across India during 2019. The focus of IIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes. IIC is established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
A 360-degree approach of Learning
The JIT-IIC provides a 360-degree cycle of learning and understanding the process of innovation and start-up. It is designed in a way that, students and faculty will traverse a path from problem identification and ideation to building a business model and finally entering the phase of Enterprise development.
- To enable an energetic local innovation community inside our institution.
- Start-up supporting Mechanism for students projects and innovative ideas from students.
- Prepare institute for ATAL Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
Functions of IICs:
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities in time bound fashion.
Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution‟s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by our institution‟s faculty and students.
- Organize Internal Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of clubs with industries support.