- To fill the gaps between the needs of the industry and the curriculum offered
- To keep pace with the trends and disruptive changes taking place in the industry.
- To have exposure to industrial problems and practices To deploy academic expertise for industrial problem-solving.
Lack of substantial integration with industry and higher educational institutions Basic research with an inclination towards the industry has been happening in JIT during the past years. However, several basic issues in the industry are not adequately addressed. To offset that lacuna, a strong industry interaction is imperative. Collaborative and cooperative research with industry could lead to direct Intellectual Property (IP) generation and or translation into industrial realization.
- Activities organised under industry connect
- Technical lectures by industrial experts help the students to get real-time practice in industries.
- Regular industrial visits help to understand the industrial practices and process.
- Short-term (1 or 2 weeks) and long term internship(2 months) for all the students of II, III and IV year students are arranged
- Faculty members are undertaking consultancy activities to solve the real-time problems faced by the industry.
- Industry practitioners and standards organizations (BIS) conduct codes and standards concepts to our students every year.
- Industry mentors help our students through various entrepreneurship camps.
- Alumni working in industries are invited to deliver technical talks, career counseling sessions, awareness sessions, etc, to improve the bonding of the Alumni to the Alma matter and interactions with the students
- Inclusion of industry experts in all the core committees of the functioning cells/clubs and Department academic councils.
- Collaborating with industries in various activities by signing MoUs with them. Effective participation in Naan Mudhalvan, an initiative of government
Evidence of Success:
- Industry participation makes students learn from new perspectives and provides greater clarity and has an impact on their placement interviews.
- Internships at IIT Kanpur, “Bharatiya Jnana Samvahini -1, IKS” internship conducted by the IKS Division of the MoE and “KAATRU” project by IIT Madras.
- Students are deployed on prestigious projects by the industry like ELGI, Huawei, ZOHO etc.
- JIT has conducted more than 250+ industrial experts’ guest lectures so far.
- Industry participation in academics has resulted in 7 consultancy projects in the last five years. Industry linkages have paved the way for 1726 internships and 150+ companies visiting regularly with attractive job opportunities to our students.
- The impact on the industry connect relates to placements and the placement percentage is consistently above 80% for the consecutive three years.