Department of Civil Engineering
About the Department
Civil Engineering Department was started in the year 2009 with experienced faculty members and well-equipped laboratories. The department always emphasis in providing outcome-based education with a modernized teaching learning process including various innovative teaching tools and methods.
Civil Engineering is the broadest among the various engineering fields providing the rudimentary prerequisite and specially emphases on the infrastructure development on every part of the world which embraces Water Works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc.
Civil Engineering has numerous sectors, some are Construction Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geodetic Engineering, Surveying, Hydraulic engineering, Water and Wastewater Engineering and Coastal & Ocean Engineering. In JIT, Civil Engineering Department equips the students with all the latest technologies to make them competent for placements. Students are exposed to real time projects through internships and project works to make them employable engineers and entrepreneurs.
- To develop professionally competent and socially responsible Civil Engineers.
- Achieve excellence by exposing students to recent trends and technologies
- Instill moral, ethical, and professional standards among students.
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- Graduates will be able to analyze solution for Civil Engineering problems by applying in-depth knowledge.
- Graduates will be able to design and execute the projects independently by synthesizing information.
- Graduates will be able to adapt emerging technology and to find environmentally sound solutions.