The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2009. The department has been producing consistently illustrious Engineering Graduates of high caliber who occupies a prestigious place in academic and industrial fields. The specialization of the faculty includes Embedded systems, VLSI, Wireless Networks, Communication System Computer Vision, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence etc. The Department provides an outstanding education and research environment complemented by excellence in teaching. The department has received various research fundings from AICTE (MODROB), Department of Atomic Energy, National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), CSIR and TNSCST.
- To Produce skilled and competent engineering professionals in the fields of electronics and communication.
- To impart value-driven technical education by fostering creativity in emerging areas to suit modern electronics industry standards.
- To empower young minds to shape the future in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- To impart moral values to individuals, paving the way for long-term development.
B.E. – Electronics and Communication Engineering
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Analyse, design, and develop solutions for electronic systems by applying fundamental concepts of electronics and communication engineering.
- Apply design principles and best practices for developing quality products for scientific and business applications.
- Adapt emerging electronics and communication technologies and develop innovative solutions for existing and newer problems.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be practicing professionals in the related fields of electronics and communication engineering.
- Graduates will pursue higher education, be involved in research, or become entrepreneurs.
- Graduates will be ethically and socially responsible and contribute to society and the country.