Ingenious Innovative Ecosystem for Value Creation
- To explore the system of establishing ingenious innovative ecosystems in the higher education institution
- To familiarize idea generation, concept development, prototyping, pitching the ideas, among the students
- To improve the innovation index of the institution.
- To inculcate the mindset of innovation in aspiring young engineers.
- To help the students to be technology ready to become a successful innovators
- The science-led innovation programs are devised by the Institution innovation council.
- The technical clubs and technical societies of JIT render their support to develop disruptive technologies useful for mankind.
The institution innovation council of JIT along with IQAC designs the framework to achieve the innovative ecosystem within the institution. The guidelines of the MoE –Innovation cell are very much assistive in establishing a culture of innovation within the institution. The activities of the technical clubs and technical societies are well planned along with the academic calendar to continuously foster the innovation ecosystem within the institution.
The faculty members are trained as innovation ambassadors and are certified by the MoE innovation cell. 11 faculty members are trained as innovation ambassadors and conduct sessions related to innovation. The students are introduced to the start-up culture through the Startup policy of JIT.
Elective and Add-on courses
The elective courses in the curriculum about entrepreneurship and IPR and courses on design thinking, patent drafting are provided to the students to enrich their knowledge in the domain.
Role of Clubs and Societies
The clubs arrange motivational sessions, conduct field visits to fablabs for problem identification. JITATHON, DEMO day, and idea contests are conducted for students to exhibit the TRL level. The conversion of idea to prototype is achieved by arranging skill development programs. The developed proof of concept is validated and the institution supports pre-incubation, incubation, and startup. Thus the students are motivated to convert to startups and entrepreneurs.
Evidence of Success:
- The institution’s team participated in the Onion Grand Challenge and recommended developing a proof of concept with the financial support of Rs.75,000/- provided by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- The Institution’s Innovation Council of JIT is rated four stars, the highest rating for the 2021-2022 academic year, by the Ministry of Education. the institute successfully participated in the ARIIA ranking.
- The MoE, Govt. of India has entitled JIT in the State Level Consortium of MoE’s IICs under the private/self-financed college category. JIT act as innovation mentor for 6 Higher Education Institutions and 5 schools.
- Arathi K Nair and Jenith Ebinesh S won first two places respectively in Cloud Hero – Serverless ML Hackathon. 6 innovative ideas of the students have won funding.
- 53 Proof of Concepts for innovative ideas, developed 25 prototypes of scalable products, 5 startup details have been validated and uploaded to the Yukti portal of MoE.
- 5 start-up ventures have emerged and incubated at JIT-CIIE and 9 patents received funds from the KAPILA scheme.