Area of Expertise
- Heat transfer
- Renewable energy Technologies
- Solar Thermal systems
|Experience Type||Name of Organization||Designation||Date of Joining||To||Total Experience|
|Regular||Santosh Spinners - Sulthanpet||Maintenance Supervisor||01-08-1999||08-01-2007||7 Yr 5 Months|
|Regular||Karpagam University||Lecturer||10-07-2009||30-04-2011||1 Yr 9 Months|
|Regular||Sri Guru Institute of Technology||Assistant Professor||02-05-2011||30-4-2014||2 Yr 11 Months|
|Regular||Jansons Institute of Technology||Associate Professor||30-06-2014||Till date||7 Yr 6 Month|
|Degree||Specialization||Institute||University||Year of Passing|
|Diploma||Automobile Engineering||Nachimuthu Polytechnic||DOTE||1999|
|B.E.||Mechanical Engineering||Coimbatore Institute of Technology||Anna University||2006|
|M.E.||Energy Engineering||PSG College of Technology||Anna University||2009|
|Ph.D||Solar Thermal System||Anna University||Anna University||2020|
- Matheswaran, M.M, Karthikeyan, S, Rajiv Kumar, N. (2016) Flow distribution analysis in a heat exchanger with different header configurations ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 11, (5), 2812-2817 (Scopus Indexed)
- Madhu, P., Matheswaran, M. M., & Periyanayagi, G. (2017). Optimization and characterization of bio-oil produced from cotton shell by flash pyrolysis using artificial neural network. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, 39(23), 2173-2180. (SCI IF=3.447)
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., & Somasundaram, D. (2018). Analytical investigation of exergetic performance on jet impingement solar air heater with multiple arc protrusion obstacles. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 1-14. (SCI IF=4.626)
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., & Somasundaram, D. (2018). Analytical investigation of solar air heater with jet impingement using energy and exergy analysis. Solar Energy, 161, 25-37. (SCI IF=5.742)
- Madhu, P., Kumar, C. N., Anojkumar, L., & Matheswaran, M.M. (2018). Selection of biomass materials for bio-oil yield: a hybrid multi-criteria decision-making approach. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 20(6), 1 3 7 7 -1384. (SCI IF=3.636)
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., & Somasundaram, D. (2019). Energetic, exergetic and enviro-economic analysis of parallel pass jet plate solar air heater with artificial roughness. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 136(1), 5-19. (SCI IF=4.626)
- Saravanakumar, P. T., Somasundaram, D., & Matheswaran, M. M. (2019). Thermal and thermo-hydraulic analysis of arc shaped rib roughened solar air heater integrated with fins and baffles. Solar Energy, 180, 360-371. (SCI IF=5.742)
- Stalin, P. Michael Joseph, T. V. Arjunan, M. M. Matheswaran, and N. Sadanandam. “Experimental and theoretical investigation on the effects of lower concentration CeO2/water nanofluid in flat-plate solar collector.” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 135, no. 1 (2019): 29-44. (SCI IF=4.626)
- Sahu, Mukesh Kumar, Manoj Sharma, M. M. Matheswaran, and Kinshuk Maitra. “On the use of longitudinal fins to enhance the performance in rectangular duct of solar air heaters—a review.” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering 141, no. 3 (2019). (SCI IF=2.384)
- Stalin, P. Michael Joseph, T. V. Arjunan, M. M. Matheswaran, H. Dolli, and Sadanandam. “Energy, economic and environmental investigation of a flat plate solar collector with CeO 2/water nanofluid.” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (2019): 1-15. (Accepted for publication) (SCI IF=4.626)
- Stalin, P. Michael Joseph, T. V. Arjunan, M. M. Matheswaran, and N. Sadanandam. “Effects of CeO2/Water Nanofluid on the Efficiency of Flat Plate Solar Collector.” Vol 41, no. 1 (2020): 75-83.) (SCI IF=0.211)
- Sivakandhan, C., T.V.Arjunan, and M. M. Matheswaran. “Thermohydraulic performance enhancement of a new hybrid duct solar air heater with inclined rib roughness.” Renewable Energy 147 (2020): 2345-2357. (SCI IF=8.001)
- Vijayan, S., Arjunan, T.V., Kumar, A. and Matheswaran, M.M., 2020. Experimental and thermal performance investigations on sensible storage based solar air heater. Journal of Energy Storage, 31, p.101620. (SCI IF=6.583)
- Saravanakumar, P.T., Somasundaram, D. and Matheswaran, M.M., 2020. Exergetic investigation and optimization of arc shaped rib roughened solar air heater integrated with fins and baffles. Applied Thermal Engineering, p.115316. (SCI IF=5.295)
- Sahu, M.K., Matheswaran, M.M. and Bishnoi, P., 2020. Experimental study of thermal performance and pressure drop on a solar air heater with different orientations of arc-shape rib roughness. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, pp.1-18. (SCI IF=4.626)
- Sahu, M.K., Matheswaran, M.M. and Bishnoi, P., 2020. Experimental investigation of augmented thermal and performance characteristics of solar air heater ducts due to varied orientations of roughness geometry on the absorber plate. Archives of Thermodynamics, pp.147-182. (Scopus Indexed)
- Pasupathi, M.K.; Alagar, KP, M.M, Matheswaran. Aritra, G. Characterization of Hybrid-nano/Paraffin Organic Phase Change Material for Thermal Energy Storage Applications in Solar Thermal Systems. Energies 2020, 13, 5079. (SCI IF=3.004)
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., & Sahu, M.K. (2021). Influence of twisted tape fins on heat transfer and friction factor characteristics for impinging jet solar air heater. Proc IMechE Part E: J Process Mechanical Engineering 1–8. (SCI IF=1.620)
- Stalin, P. M. J., Arjunan, T. V., Matheswaran, M. M., Kumar, P. M., & Sadanandam, N. (2021). Investigations on thermal properties of CeO2/water nanofluids for heat transfer applications. Materials Today: Proceedings. (Scopus Indexed)
- Rajiv Kumar N , Karthikeyan I, Matheswaran M M., Multi-Objective Optimization Of Spark Edm Process Parameters For Inconel 800 International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Science (2016),3,2348-3121.
- Kumar, A. V., Arjunan, T. V., Seenivasan, D., Venkatramanan, R., Vijayan, S., & Matheswaran, M. M. (2021). Influence of twisted tape inserts on energy and exergy performance of an evacuated Tube-based solar air collector. Solar Energy, 225, 892-904. (SCI IF=5.742).
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., Muthusamy, S., Natrayan, L., Panchal, H., Subramaniam, S., … & Sonawane, C. (2022). A case study on thermo-hydraulic performance of jet plate solar air heater using response surface methodology. Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, 34, 101983.
- Sahu, M. K., Kharub, M., & Matheswaran, M. M. (2022). Nusselt number and friction factor correlation development for arc-shape apex upstream artificial roughness in solar air heater. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 1-18.
Book / Chapter Publications
- P. Michael Joseph Stalin, T.V. Arjunan, M. M. Matheswaran, P. Manoj kumar, Sadanandam (2020), Influence of Various Nanofluids on the Performance of Solar Water Heaters, Solar Water Heating: Fundamentals and Applications’, Nova Science Publishers, Inc, USA (ISBN978-153619356-5, 978-153619320-6)
- Matheswaran, M. M., Rajkumar, D. (2014). CFD analysis for effect of geometrical cross-section in flow distribution headers; International conference on Energy and Environment (ICEE-2019).
- Ravichandran, L., Rusovs, D., Arjunan, T. V., Vijayan, S., & Matheswaran, M. (2017). Experimental study of brackish water distillation in single slope solar still using sensible heat storage materials. In International scientific conference rural development 2017 (pp. 391-396).
- Matheswaran, M M. Arjunan, T. V., & Somasundaram, D(2018).Energetic, exergetic and enviro-economic analysis of jet plate solar air heater. International conference on Thermal Analysis and Energy systems (ICTASE-2018).
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., & Somasundaram, D. (2019). Influence of twisted tape fins on heat transfer and friction factor characteristics for impinging jet solar air heater. International conference on Energy and Environment (ICEE-2019).
- Matheswaran, M. M., Kannan.K (2009). Numerical analysis for flow distribution headers; Advances in Mechanical Sciences.
- Matheswaran, M. M., Arjunan, T. V., & Somasundaram, D. (2019). Assessment of thermo hydraulic performance and optimization of design parameters for a jet plate solar air heater Advances in Mechanical and materials Engineering. (AIMME 2018).
- Device for Heating Air Using Solar Evacuated Tube, Indian Patent, Application No & Publication Date:202041049838 A & 27/11/2020 (Published)
- Development of Twisted Micro-fins Evacuated Tube Solar Air Heater – Australian Patent Application No & Filled Date:2020104031& 12/12/2020 (Granted)
- Longitudinal Fins Evacuated Tube Solar Air Heater. – Australian Patent Application No & Filled Date: 2021100087 &: 07/01/2021. (Granted)
- Evacuated Tube Solar Air Heater with Jet Impingement System, Indian Patent, publication No & Publication Date: 202021054885A & 22/01/2021 (Published)
- Evacuated solar tube embedded with pierced twisted tape system for heating air. Indian Patent, Application No & Publication Date:202121001111 A & 29/01/2021 (Published).
- Participated in one day FDP on “Handling Engineering Thermodynamics and Thermal Engineering” (ELITTE-01) held at Karpagam University on 31st July 2010.
- Participated in one Week Faculty Development Programme on Innovative teaching methods held at Karpagam University on 1st July to 6 th July 2010.
- Participated Ten days ISTE workshop on Heat Transfer from 29th November to 10th December 2011 conducted by IIT- Bombay
- Participated in CSIR sponsored two days seminar on “Advanced Modeling Techniques for Heat Transfer Equipment’s” and its Applications held at KPR institute of Engineering and Technology on 1st and 2nd February 2013.
- Participated in MNRE sponsored Workshop in “Recent Trends in Solar Thermal Systems Towards Sustainable Development.” held at Karunya University on 2 nd August 2013.
- Participated in Two-day workshop on “Application of Artificial Intelligent Techniques in Engineering Research”. held at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology on 28th and 29th March 2014.
- Participated in two-day workshop on Research Methodologies in Fluid Mechanics” held at PSG College of Technology on 22nd and 23rd June 2018.
- Participated in AICTE Sponsored Two Weeks Faculty Development programme on “Recent Developments of Carbon Nanotubes in Renewable Energy Conversion and Storage from 12th June to 25th June 2019” held at Coimbatore Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
Awards & Recognitions
- Certified Energy manager by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
- President –JIT Institutions Innovation Council 4.0
- Co-coordinator – JIT – KAPILA Program