About Sustainability Cell
Sustainable development is the need of the present not only for the survival of mankind but also for its future protection and development. Today we are in urgent need of “Sustainable Revolution” to save the environment from various pollution related activities and handover the valuable natural resources to the future generation.
We have one planet and we should ensure that it’s protected by combining our modern ways of living with a deeper respect and understanding of what nature provides. At Jansons Institute of Technology, we practiced best practices for the sustainable development and provide utmost care to green development, solid waste management, recycling of used water for gardening activities, rain water harvesting and technology implementation to achieve the clean, green and smart campus.
The students should be ambassadors of cleanliness, something they should also make part of their life culture. The message of cleanliness should be spread in the society, families through student’s community to make this cleanliness drive as big revolution.
To be the leading environmentally sustainable campus.
Committed to build a sustainable society through collective environmental sustainability practices.
- Create awareness on environmental issues among the staff and the students and promote sustainability practices in daily life.
- Implement effective management technologies to reduce the usage of water and energy.
- Enhance and conserve the greenery within the campus to improve the air quality and increase the wellbeing of the students and the staff members.
- Implement sustainable waste strategy to utilize resources effectively and sustainably.
- Encourage sustainable travel for commuting.
- Encourage the use of e-platforms to reduce the paper consumption.
Best practices followed in environment and sustainability issues in JIT campus
- Oxygen rich environment by more trees
- Rain water harvesting plant
- Waste water treatment plant
- Solid waste management
- Smart campus – Smart technologies includes e-learning tools, JIT Moodle, JIT cloud, JIT student corner, JIT forms and JIT tube has been encouraged and utilized by both the students and faculty members to share the knowledge in easy and smart way.