Webinar on “Database Security”
Date : 22-04-2022
Time : 09:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Dr. J. Lakshmi
PG Department of Computer Science
Bhaktavatsalam Memorial College for Women, Chennai
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with NDLI club organized a Webinar on “Database Security” on 22.04.2022. The session was taken forward through hybrid mode.
Dr. J. Lakshmi, Associate Professor, PG Department of Computer Science, Bhaktavatsalam Memorial College for Women, Chennai was the Resource Person for the Session. She explained and shared her knowledge on database security and its tools. She also gave a brief note on different types of database security such as encryption, authentication, backup, application security and physical security. Participants were briefed about how,
- To prevent the database from security threats and attacks.
- To familiarize with main control measures are used to provide security of data in databases.
- To clear with the importance of database security.
- To ensure the Database Security with best practices.
- To provide Database Security which means keeping sensitive information safe and prevent the loss of data.
The Webinar Talk was well attended by over 60 participants from Second Year CSE. The feedback received was very commendable in all aspects.