Digital Threats and Safety Measures
Our JIT NSS team organised the awareness seminar on “Digital Threats and Safety Measures” on 12.10.2021. Mr. Dhanush N, II CSE has presented about the topic and take over the discussion among the students from various departments. Mr. Kenneti Pranay and Ms. Safeera of CSE gave welcome address and vote of thanks respectively. The following points were discussed in the programme.
A cyber or cyber security threat is a malicious act that seeks to damage data, steal data, or disrupt digital life in general. Cyber-attacks include threats like computer viruses, data breaches, and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks. Internet safety or online safety or cyber safety or E-Safety is trying to be safe on the internet and is the act of maximizing a user’s awareness of personal safety and security risks to private information and property associated with using the internet, and the self-protection from computer crime.
The Top 10 Personal Cyber Security Tips
1. Keep Your Software Up to Date
2. Use Anti-Virus Protection & Firewall
3. Use Strong Passwords & Use a Password Management Tool
4. Use Two-Factor or Multi-Factor Authentication
5. Learn about Phishing Scams – be very suspicious of emails, phone calls, and flyers
6. Protect Your Sensitive Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
7. Use Your Mobile Devices Securely
8. Backup Your Data Regularly
9. Don’t Use Public Wi-Fi
10. Review Your Online Accounts & Credit Reports Regularly for Changes