Date : 22-11-2022
Time : 02:30 PM – 03:30 PM
Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research, Coimbatore
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering organized a Guest Lecture on “Exploration on the role of Cryptography in Network Security” on 22.11.2022. The session was taken forward through hybrid mode.
Dr.P.Priya Ponnusamy, Assistant Professor (Selection Grade), Department of Computer Science and Engineering, PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research, Coimbatore was the Resource Person for the Session. She interacted and shared her knowledge on experience and importance of IPSec incorporates two protocols AH and ESP which gives security to IP packets and AH gives authentication and protects integrity. The outcomes were discussed clearly among the participants. Participants were briefed about how,
- To understand basics of Cryptography and Network Security.
- To be able to secure a message over insecure channel by various means.
- To learn about how to maintain the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of a data.
- To understand various protocols for network security to protect against the threats in the networks.
- To design network application security schemes, such as PGP, S/ MIME, IPSec, SSL/TLS.
- To understand the current legal issues towards information security.
The Webinar Talk was well attended by over 62 participants from Final Year CSE. The feedback received was very commendable in all aspects.