One Day Seminar on 24×7 Water Supply System in Smart City
A One Day Technical Seminar on ‘Construction Practices & Water Supply System in Smart City’ was organized by the Department of Civil Engineering in association with ECO club on 06thFebruary 2019. The event started off with prayer song and the lighting of lamps. Mr.Gokulraj S of final year civil engineering welcomed the gathering.
The Guest Speaker Mr. P. Gopalakrishnan, Chief Engineer (Rtd.), TWAD Board, delivered the speech about WSS in Smart City. He gave a brief insight into the various topics of water supply system. The topics included are as follows:
- Initiatives regarding smart cities and the required facilities
- Discussion about 24x7water supplies to the cities
- Awareness on safe, adequate and clean drinking water supply
- Advantages of continuous water supply over intermittent water supply were addressed
- Information related to sources of water supply in Coimbatore
The chief guest was honored with a memento and the programme gave an insight about the various water supply sources in smart cities.