National Level Technical Symposium
Guest lecture on “Opportunities in Civil Engineering field”
A National level technical symposium CIZIM 2K19 was organized by Department of Civil Engineering on August 16th, 2019. This exemplary programme was inaugurated by Mr.V. Sivarajan, Chairman of Builders Association of India Coimbatore centre. As bookmark of the event the proceedings of the symposium in the form of CD was released by the chief guest. His enthusiastic words cherished the audience with great confidence about the field of Civil Engineering. He lavished about the opportunities and the need for practical experience required outshining in the field of civil engineering.
As an extra bonus to all, the chief guest was accompanied by Mr. K.Chinnaswamy, State Chairman of quarry (mines) Association and Office bearers of BAI Coimbatore centre. Mr.Chinnaswamy gave an exuberant speech. His words indulged the students to learn about everything around them. He quoted about the importance of being enriched in all fields in order to outshine in this world.
The events of the symposium were chosen in a way that the students could exhibit their technical talents and knowledge.
The highlights of the symposium are as follows:
- The registration process on the day of event was done through the Moodle software process.
- Students of our department also made models like turbine, seepage, soil reinforcement, sink hole etc.
- Seed balls were provided to the participants along with the kit.
- 64 Students from various reputed colleges were participated.
- The events like Paper presentation, technical quiz, CAD modeling and model making were a platform for the students to excel in their technical knowledge.
- The preliminary tests for the events were also conducted through the MOODLE PROCESS.
- Many non technical events like water rocketry, treasure hunt and various fun events were also organized.
The program was valedicted with prize distribution to winners:
- Amarnath- Kongu Engineering g College – I Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Mohan, Murali Krishnan – Kongu Engineering College- II Prize Trophy with Certificate
- J. Ajay – Institute of Road and transport- III Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Amaranth- Kongu Engineering College– I Prize Trophy with Certificate
- S.Dinesh Babu – Dr. NGP Institute of Technology- II Prize Trophy with Certificate
- E. Karthick – Dr.NGP Institute of Technology- III Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Farooq & Sanjay Kumar – Institute of Road and transport– I Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Mohan Raj. K & R.Rahul – Sriguru institute of Technology- II Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Keerthy Visweswaran & Purushothaman – Institute of Road and transport- III Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Ramesh & Vijay – Nandha Engineering College I Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Kavin & Surnavm – Nandha Engineering College- II Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Padma Priya & Karthik – Dr.NGP Institute of Technology- III Prize Trophy with Certificate
- Rudresh S – Sri Krishna College of Technology- I Prize with Certificate
- M.Rohith – Sri Krishna College of Technology-II Prize with Certificate
- S. Thaufferk – Sri Krishna College of Technology-III Prize with Certificate
The special award for model making won the trophy by third year girls for their seepage model exhibited during the program. The programme was concluded with National Anthem.